Misha Collins interviewd by Suzanne Lanoue, 2/09/2010

« Older   Newer »
absolutelyvale
view post Posted on 10/9/2010, 07:20

MC interviewd by Suzanne Lanoue

Suzanne Lanoue: Well, thank you for talking to me.

Misha Collins: Thank you for talking to me!

Suzanne Lanoue: Let me tell you that I have watched every episode of "Supernatural" since it started, and it's one of my favorite shows.

Misha Collins: Oh, wow!

Suzanne Lanoue: I love your character, and you do a great job. I also follow you on Twitter! I have for a while, though, but I'm not stalking you! (laughs)

Misha Collins: You're certainly in the loop here.

Suzanne Lanoue: I don't always understand what you're saying on Twitter, but...

Misha Collins: I rarely do myself.

Suzanne Lanoue: (laughs)

Misha Collins: That's a sign of emotional health not to understand what I'm saying, so...

Suzanne Lanoue: It's great how you are able to use Twitter to connect with fans and to help you raise money.

Misha Collins: Yeah. It's pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

Suzanne Lanoue: How did you get this idea to start this charity?

Misha Collins: I guess, it's a little bit like what you were touching on just now, it was kind of an effort to connect with and collaborate with the followers a little more...it seems like I wanted to find some way to take advantage of the opportunity to bring people into doing something nice.
I want to feel like I'm doing something meaningful with my time when I can. As much fun as I have on Twitter, there is a nagging element in my conscience saying, "yes, but why are you doing this? What's the point?" Maybe this is just to ease my guilty conscience a little bit. I've actually been really enjoying myself putting this together, so....I don't know.

Suzanne Lanoue: How long have you been running? You look like you know what you're doing.

Misha Collins: I've been running for a long time, but I've never been a long, ultra-long distance runner. I've run a few marathons, but I've never run more than a marathon. You know, there are people who run across the Gobi desert. There are people out there who have unbelievable endurance. I've really been daunted by the prospect of running all day. (something I missed her) I'm just counting myself lucky that I'm not doing a 1,000 mile run.

Suzanne Lanoue: So has it been tough to train for this run?

Misha Collins: I've been running more than usual in the last couple of months. About as much as I can. I've done a couple of weekends where I've done 8 hours of running over the weekend.

Suzanne Lanoue: Doing any of the Rocky thing of running up the stairs at the library? (laughs)

Misha Collins: It gets a little boring after a while. I'm actually looking forward to being done with this long run. The training and running really takes a lot of time.

Suzanne Lanoue: Yeah, I can imagine.

Misha Collins: Are you a runner?

Suzanne Lanoue: No, I'm barely a walker! (laughs) My husband runs a lot just to keep the weight off...he hates it, though.

Misha Collins: Right. That's actually the biggest perk to running. When you're running a lot, you can eat a lot. It's very gratifying.

Suzanne Lanoue: Well, you're younger. (laughs) When you get older, your metabolism changes, and then, ha ha! How did you decide what kind of pay-it-forward things to do?

Misha Collins: Well, we've actually put together the website and the events we've done quite quickly, in the video - those were all done in the past six weeks or so. As we move forward, I think we will have a little more time and resources available to us to a little bit more meticulously and having an eye towards more fun while we're doing it. We tried to identify people who - some of the people. I don't know if you got a chance to see the video?

Suzanne Lanoue: Yes, I have.

Misha Collins: The kid there that we bought shoes for? He was just someone we met on the street, who looked like he could use a new pair of shoes. Clearly not a well-to-do kid. some of the other things we did...we gave a computer to a poor family; we gave a mattress and new Barca loungers to an elderly couple that needed furniture. Those recipients were people who had done a lot for their communities and were generous people but had very little themselves. That was kind of a criteria we were looking at. we wanted to do kind things for people who were doing kind things for others but weren't really taking care of themselves, or didn't have the resources to take care of themselves. We're also trying to have fun with it, have it be an irreverent and delightful process for everybody involved.

Suzanne Lanoue: That makes sense. Do you have a committee or some group there that decides these things?

Misha Collins: We have a committee, we have an organization.... I am shocked by how well these things are being run, through absolutely no fault of my own. We actually have a proper functioning, tax-exempt, non-profit organization. We have a board of directors, we have a committee in charge of web development and fund-raising, it's really well-organized.

Suzanne Lanoue: How long did it take you to pull that together?

Misha Collins: Fairly quickly. It started with one woman, Lisa Walker. I kind of mentioned in passing on Twitter a year ago, "Hey, we should try to get some stimulus money from the U.S. government. How do we go about doing that?" I don't have time to read all of the replies that I get on my Twitter feed, but I happened to see one that day from a woman that said, "Well, I'm a grant writer for a non-profit, so if you need any advice, let me know." And I responded to her, and eventually we exchanged email addresses and spoke on the phone. Together, she and I have spearheaded setting this all up.

Misha Collins: She's been a great springboard, and it was really cool. We just happened to find each other like that.

Suzanne Lanoue: Yeah, that sounds pretty awesome. Twitter's just amazing that way.

Misha Collins: Yes, it's really kinda cool.

Suzanne Lanoue: Do you have plans for more runs or other events after this one?

Misha Collins: No, nothing concrete, but I'll probably do something again next year. Another event of some sort.

Suzanne Lanoue: I did pledge, so, don't run too far! (laughs)

Misha Collins: Okay, well then I'll have to be nicer to you.

Suzanne Lanoue: (Laughs) Are you getting any of your fellow actors involved?

Misha Collins: I haven't yet. This has been kind of a whirlwind and coming together very quickly, so I really haven't been reaching out beyond the online community yet. I'm about to, though. Yeah, it would be great to get them. I really haven't tried to work that into the fold yet...

Suzanne Lanoue: Yes, I follow Jim Beaver and he's on Twitter all the time.

Misha Collins: I'm thinking maybe we'll do something meaningful, but something else? I have to get with them.

Suzanne Lanoue: I think Alyssa Milano is into a lot of charity stuff and she's on Twitter all the time.

Misha Collins: That's true. She does some pretty good fundraising....yes, I should email her. She also has like a million followers on Twitter.

Suzanne Lanoue: Yeah, she does. Ha ha!

Misha Collins: Although she's so constantly posting fund-raising things online, I don't know if anyone pays attention out there after a while. But I will email her, that's a good idea.

Suzanne Lanoue: What about the other guys from Supernatural?

Misha Collins: Yeah, I don't know. I haven't yet.

Suzanne Lanoue: Will we see a lot of Castiel in the upcoming season?

Misha Collins: Yes, you will, and we'll see Castiel in a slightly different capacity than we've seen him in the past. He's gonna be a little bit less the sidekick in the back of the impala and a little bit more a man on his own mission. Castiel is bringing order to heaven and keeping that civil war from spilling out over into the earthly realm. Sam and Dean are occupied with their own problems earthside, so it's a very different dynamic. Their relationship is very different this year. Castiel certainly has a pivotal role. I don't want to say much more without ruining it for anyone.

Sorce

Riporto anche qui l'intervista postata da Silvia ^^

0 replies since 10/9/2010, 07:20   833 views